The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship is currently open for applications for the 2023-24 term in Germany. This scholarship is proudly supported by the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), the largest German organization dedicated to promoting scholarship programs and facilitating exchanges funded by the German government. It is specifically designed for students from developing countries who are currently residing in their home countries. Successful applicants will be granted fully-funded scholarships to pursue a master’s degree at prestigious universities in Germany.
If you are awarded the DAAD scholarship, all of your expenses will be covered by the German government through the DAAD program.
The highly esteemed Helmut Schmidt Scholarship, generously funded by DAAD, is now available for international students interested in studying in Germany. It is open to students from developing countries who wish to apply for the 2023 Helmut Schmidt Scholarship, with English as the primary language of instruction.
The fully funded DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship for the 2023-24 term in Germany is an opportunity for students to pursue master’s level programs at universities in Germany.
The scholarship program offers a range of subjects for study, including:
- Social Sciences
- Political Sciences
- Public Administration
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship offers a comprehensive range of benefits for international students studying in Germany:
- Full Funding: The scholarship covers all expenses related to studying and living in Germany.
- Monthly Stipend: Recipients of the scholarship will receive a monthly stipend of 931€.
- Health Insurance: Contributions to health insurance in Germany are covered by the scholarship.
- Travel Allowance: A round-trip travel allowance is provided to assist with travel expenses.
- Study and Research Subsidy: Students may receive a subsidy for their study and research activities.
- Rent Subsidy: Eligible students may receive a monthly rent subsidy if applicable.
- Family Allowances: Spouses and/or children of scholarship recipients may be eligible for allowances.
- Language Course: A mandatory 6-month German language course is included in the scholarship. This course is conducted at selected institutes in Germany and is required even for students enrolled in English-taught master’s programs.
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship is open to students of all nationalities, providing an opportunity for international students from around the world to apply.
To be eligible for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- The bachelor’s degree should have been obtained within the last six years.
- Graduates in the fields of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics, and public administration are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be from a developing country.
- Applications must be submitted in either German or English.
- As part of the application process, a language test may be required.
- Additional requirements specific to the master’s program being applied for must also be fulfilled by the applicants.
To apply for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship, follow the step-by-step procedure outlined below:
Step 1: Fill out the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (annex 2) once. Indicate your first and second choices of study programs.
Step 2: Write a letter of motivation explaining your reasons for selecting the two university courses.
Step 3: Submit the completed DAAD scholarship form, along with the letter of motivation and the necessary documents listed below, to both of the universities you have chosen. It is important not to send these documents directly to DAAD.
Required documents typically include:
- Completed DAAD scholarship form (annex 2)
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of your bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Transcript of records
- Language proficiency test results (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Two recommendation letters (academic or professional)
- Valid passport copy
- Other specific documents requested by the universities
Please note that the exact list of required documents may vary depending on the universities and the specific master’s programs you are applying to.