The Community College Initiative (CCI) Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, provides opportunities for individuals from other countries to develop leadership capabilities, professional skills, and English language proficiency, while studying at a community college in the United States.
Participants build technical skills and may earn certificates in their fields of study. Participants studying across America observed the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service by engaging in a variety of service and learning activities on campus and in the community.
U.S. Department of State
Scholarships to be taken at:
U.S. Community College
Agriculture, Applied engineering, Business management and administration, Early childhood education, Information technology, Media, Public safety, and Tourism and Hospitality management.
Exchange Program. CCI Program participants are recruited from historically underrepresented and underserved communities. After completing the program, participants return home with new skills and expertise to help them contribute to the economic growth and development of their country.
International students (except EU/EEA member countries)
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the U.S. Community College Initiative Program:
- Applicants must be international students;
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program;
- Be 18 years old at the start of the program;
- Have a diploma from a secondary school;
- Possess a basic knowledge of English;
- Desire to build professional and leadership skills to contribute to the development of their home communities;
- Be able to begin the academic exchange program in the United States in July 2020;
- Meet country-specific requirements;
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent;
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill;
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at North Island College, Canada.
All eligible applicants seeking to participate in the US Embassy Community College Initiative Program should proceed to apply online.