The University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) is designed for exceptional students hailing from non-EU/EEA countries aspiring to pursue a Master’s program (MSc) at the University of Twente. This prestigious scholarship not only welcomes outstanding students into the community of highly promising UT scholars but also offers them an exclusive opportunity to engage in the selection process for one of three distinguished honors programs: Research Honors, Design Honors, or Change Leaders.
Furthermore, for students enrolled in a two-year program, there is the possibility of an additional UTS scholarship in the second year, matching the value of the initial award. This supplementary funding aims to assist with expenses. However, to maintain eligibility for the second-year scholarship, students must meet UTS criteria, which includes achieving an average grade of 7 (out of 10) and completing at least 50% of European Credits by the end of the third quartile of the first year.
About the University:
The University of Twente, situated in Enschede, Netherlands, is a public research university founded in 1961 as the Twente Technological University. Evolving into a prominent institution of higher education, it places a strong emphasis on engineering, technology, and the natural sciences.
Offering a diverse array of undergraduate and graduate programs across faculties such as Engineering Technology, Behavioral, Management, and Social Sciences, as well as Science and Technology, the university is renowned for its research prowess. Key research areas include sustainable energy, health and well-being, and smart industry.
What sets the University of Twente apart is its entrepreneurial approach to education and research. Emphasizing innovation and technology transfer, the university collaborates closely with industry partners to bring novel ideas and products to fruition.
Situated on a spacious, wooded campus on the outskirts of Enschede, the University of Twente boasts cutting-edge research facilities, modern classrooms, and labs, complemented by an array of student services and activities. The university’s commitment to internationalization is evident in its large and diverse student body drawn from around the globe.
The University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) News for International Master Students in 2024, Netherlands, is open for individuals seeking to pursue Master’s level programs at the University of Twente.
Value of the Scholarship:
The scholarship provides financial support ranging from €3,000 to €22,000 for one year, with approximately 50 scholarships available. If you are considering a two-year program, it is essential to review the details regarding two-year study programs.
It’s advisable to consult the overview of estimated living costs while studying at the University of Twente (excluding tuition fees).
Important Note: This scholarship is intended to offset study-related expenses, and the scholarship recipient has the autonomy to determine how to allocate the funds. It’s crucial to emphasize that no costs, such as tuition fees, will be covered on behalf of the scholarship recipient.
This scholarship is available to students from around the world.
To qualify for the University of Twente Scholarship, candidates must satisfy all the stipulated requirements:
- Separate Application Process: Applying for a UT scholarship is distinct from the application for course admission at the University of Twente. Irrespective of the funding aspect, securing an admission letter is a prerequisite.
- Admission to Qualifying Programs: Applicants should have received (provisional) admission to one of the eligible UT Master programs commencing in the academic year 2023/2024 (September). It’s important to note that the results may take up to 8 weeks after the application is completed.
- Possession of Student Number: A valid student number is mandatory for eligibility.
- No Prior Graduation from UT Programs: Applicants must not have previously graduated from a University of Twente (under)graduate program.
- Visa Requirements: Compliance with conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands, if applicable, is essential.
- English Language Proficiency: Meeting the general English language test requirement of Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) is mandatory. Additionally, an extra 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills is required.
- Ineligibility for Dutch Study Loan: Applicants should not be eligible for a Dutch study loan.
- Excellence in Studies: The University Twente Scholarship is specifically for outstanding students, typically indicating that candidates rank among the top 5 to 10 percent of their class.
The application process involves two distinct steps. Initially, applicants must apply for a Master’s program. Upon successful application and receipt of a (conditional) admission letter, candidates can then proceed to apply for the scholarship using their assigned student number.
Key Points to Note:
- Master’s Program Application: Initiate the process by applying for a Master’s program. Upon obtaining a (conditional) admission letter, you become eligible to proceed to the next step.
- Scholarship Application: With the obtained student number, eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship. Notably, the UTS is not accessible for Dutch and/or current UT students. Additionally, it is not available for EU/EEA students. The UTS is also not applicable to Master’s programs at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), and it does not extend to the pre-Master program.