The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, which has been approved under the United States Internal Revenue Service. You are invited to apply for the WMI Scholars Program for students of developing countries.
This Scholarship is generally granted for the full period of study; however, recipients must maintain good grades, participate in community service and meet WMI deadlines for submitting an official copy of school/course grades, completing the semester report.
Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI)
Scholarships to be taken at:
Home country or Any Developing Country
Covers tuition fee, school fees and related expenses
International students (from developing country)
The ideal candidate – should be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Have successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2022
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world.
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
There are two ways to apply for this scholarship, either online, or by mailing in a completed application packet to the office.
For applying online: Redirected to a portal where you will be asked to create a free account (username and password), fill out information and upload documents. We strongly suggest that you apply online as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return multiple times. You will also guarantee that your application, once submitted online, will be received and reviewed. Questions can be directed to [email protected].
Applicants required to presents the following documents:
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic stated on application form)
- 2022 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Grading key to interpret scores on your national exam
March 1, 2022