The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) is pleased to announce the 2022 Summer Student Fellowships for undergraduates, completing their junior year at colleges or universities.
The fellowship is for students studying in any of the fields of science or engineering but not limited to the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, meteorology, physics, oceanography, and marine policy.
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI)
Biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, meteorology, physics, oceanography, and marine policy.
Members of groups underrepresented in ocean science and engineering are encouraged to apply. WHOI actively recruits underrepresented minorities in ocean science as defined by the National Science Foundation (African-, Hispanic- and Native-Americans, and Pacific Islanders)
For the Summer Student Fellowships, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Be an undergraduate student completing their junior year at colleges or universities.
- Must be studying in any fields of science or engineering.
- Student must have at least a tentative interest in the ocean sciences, oceanographic engineering, or marine policy.
- Members of groups underrepresented in ocean science and engineering encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants for the WHOI Summer Student Fellowships 2022 are to complete their application online form and also submit the following documents:
- A current CV or resume that shows educational background and work experience.
- A current unofficial transcript in PDF format.
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors or others familiar with the applicant’s academic credentials.
- A completed course record worksheet listing undergraduate coursework by subject category.
- A research statement.
February 5th, 2022