Applications open for all eligible students across the globe for the York Science Scholars Award 2023-2024 in Canada. The scholarship, initiative of the Faculty of Science of the York University in Canada aiming to attract great brains into the study of science.
York University’s Faculty of Science eagerly awaits applications for its prestigious York Science Scholars Award (YSSA) program. In keeping with the vision of preparing global thinkers to advance knowledge and human progress, the Science Scholars program nurtures the intellectual and career development of high-achieving, passionate science students entering the Faculty.
York University, Canada.
Scholarship Benefits and Details:
Partial funding/Education Support.
The York Science Scholars program provides up to 25 first-year entering students with awards worth $10,000 each. This Faculty of Science award is considered separately and in addition to any other York University or Faculty of Science admissions awards and scholarships.
The York Science Scholars Award of $10,000 is provided in two parts:
- $5,000 as an entrance scholarship.
- $5,000 as a guaranteed summer research position following the first year of study.
International students are eligible.
All students, Canadian and International, who have applied for entrance to the York University Faculty of Science for full-time study starting in Fall 2023, eligible to apply for this program. Newly enrolled first-year Faculty of Science students not eligible to receive this award.
Other criteria are categorized as:
1) High academic achievement: Although we consider the YSSA applications holistically, competitive applications tend to have a minimum average of A- (80%, or its equivalent) and higher.
2) Demonstrated passion for science and community service, demonstrated leadership skills, and a desire to make a difference for their communities.
3) Well-rounded candidates who demonstrate involvement beyond academics, for example, in community service, achievement in sports, the arts, or hobbies.
4) English Language Scores:
For international students requiring an English language test for admission to York University, competitive English test scores are:
• YELT: band 1
• TOEFL: iBT 100
• IELTS: 7.5
Please submit YSSA applications directly to the Faculty of Science either digitally or in hard copy by no later than March 1, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
1) Complete the application form: You can fill out the application form through our online portal.
2) Write your personal statements: Please read the guidelines carefully and choose two topics in which you are the most passionate about.
3.) Complete other steps: Complete all other steps as stated at the official application portal.