AGRTP International Scholarship Program:
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) International, are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend and Overseas Health Care cover.
Flinders University, Australia
Research by Masters & PhD
The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,597 (2021 rate), which is tax exempt and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
- Must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Are required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Should not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Should hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship Group.
If you already have a valid offer for admission to a Higher Degree by Research, you no not need to apply for admission again.