Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarship:
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
Research Masters Degree / PhD
Biological Sciences, Business, Psychology, Education , Engineering, Criminology, Health, Social Sciences.
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,597 (2021 rate),which is tax exempt and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year).
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship Group.
If you already have a valid offer for admission to a Higher Degree by Research, you no not need to apply for admission again. To apply for admission International applicants – apply online via Studylink.
After completing your application via Studylink, you will receive a welcome email to your nominated email address and will contain your FAN.
Note that applicants can get their FAN and activate it at https://activate.flinders.edu.au/main.
You need a FAN to log into the student system to lodge your application for scholarship.
If you have studied at Flinders University but graduated more than 12 months ago you will need to reactive your FAN via the FAN reactivation page. With an active FAN you will then be able to submit your application for scholarship via the Student Information System as advised above.
If you have previously applied to study at Flinders, you will be able to reactive your FAN via the FAN reactivation page, you will need to enter your Fist name, Last name, date of birth and your student ID, normally found on any letters sent by the university to you. The system will be able to identify you more accurately if you can enter your student ID.
With an active FAN you will then be able to submit your application for the international scholarships via the Student Information System as advised above.
You will find the application form by selecting the My Scholarship tab, the scholarship application is called International RHD Scholarship – group. This application will ensure you are assessed for both the AGRTPS and the FIPRS.
Once your application is complete, including all mandatory questions and documentation, your application will be assessed. Assessment will commence once applications have closed.
Applications close Friday 6 August 2021 at 5pm Australia, Adelaide local time