In a groundbreaking move, the UAE introduces the Green Visa, a revolutionary residency permit offering a five-year stay sans the need for employer sponsorship. This exclusive visa category unfolds into three distinctive types: the standard visa, green visas tailored for work, and domestic worker visas. Unlike conventional work visas, the Green Visa liberates individuals from the constraints of a job offer, branching into two compelling categories: Green Residence for Freelancers (Self-employment) and Green Residence for Skilled Employees.
This innovative visa option holds particular allure for skilled professionals, freelancers, and investors, providing unprecedented autonomy and flexibility in their UAE sojourn. Prospective applicants must navigate specific eligibility criteria tailored to their chosen category, making the Green Visa an enticing prospect for those seeking a non-traditional residency experience.
Requirements for Freelancers and Self-employed Individuals
Aspiring freelancers or self-employed individuals eyeing the Green Visa must assemble the following prerequisites:
- A freelance/self-employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- Documentation substantiating a bachelor’s degree or a specialized diploma.
- Proof of an annual income from self-employment for the past two years (amounting to no less than AED 360,000) or evidence of financial solvency during their stay in the UAE.
Requirements for Green Visa for Skilled Employees
Skilled employees venturing into the Green Visa realm must meet the following criteria:
- Classification in the first, second, or third occupational level according to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- Possession of at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- A sustained monthly salary not falling below AED 15,000.
Mandatory Documents for Both Categories
Irrespective of the chosen category, applicants must furnish the following documents:
- Personal photograph.
- Passport copy (valid for a minimum of 6 months).
- Relevant permits from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- Employment contract for specific job types.
Benefits of a Green Visa
The Green Visa beckons with an array of benefits, setting it apart from conventional visas:
- No Sponsorship Required: Break free from the shackles of employer or family member sponsorship.
- Long Validity: Enjoy a five-year stay with multiple entries.
- Renewable: The visa can be renewed for an additional five years.
- Family Sponsorship: Holders have the privilege to sponsor residence permits for their first-degree relatives.
- Visa Cost: A nominal fee of AED 200.
For those eyeing the vibrant city of Dubai, the application process involves navigating the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs website. Prospective applicants can create an account and select the Green Visa type. For federal applications, a visit to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC) website at https://icp.gov.ae/en/ is the gateway to embarking on this groundbreaking residency journey.