Applications sought from suitably qualified postdoctoral researchers for the EMBO Fellowships 2022 which provides grants for host institutions to enhance their research capacities.
EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) Fellowships, awarded for a period of two years, although shorter duration can be requested.
EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization)
EMBO provides grants for host institutions in EMBC Member States to issue employment contracts to EMBO Fellows. Fellows working in other countries than EMBC Member States will receive a stipend.
EMBO Member States
For the EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must meet the requirements listed:
- Hold a doctorate or equivalent at the start of the fellowship.
- Who already hold a PhD at the time of application are eligible to apply only if they obtained it during the two years prior to the date the application is complete.
- Have at least one first author publication accepted in or published in an international peer reviewed journal at the time of application.
- Involve movement between countries (detailed information about mobility requirements is listed in the EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships guidelines).
- To go to the country in which the PhD obtained, not considered.
- To return to a laboratory where the candidate has worked in the past for more than six months, either in one or in several visits not considered.
- For an EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowship held in the laboratory, institute or department in which the candidate worked to obtain the PhD, or to work again with the candidate’s supervisor, no matter where the latter is located, not considered.
- Who have already started working in the host laboratory can apply only if they have been working in the host laboratory for less than six months at the time the application is complete.
- Can only submit one application for one project at one host laboratory at each round of selection.
Interested applicants for the EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships are to complete an online application and provide the required information.
Applications accepted throughout the year