Qualified applicants from specific African countries are invited to apply for the German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships for the 2023/24 academic year. This prestigious scholarship program targets university graduates who possess a strong commitment to politics and social issues. It offers an excellent opportunity for selected individuals to pursue their studies in Germany.
The scholarship is primarily intended for driven and open-minded young professionals hailing from Botswana, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda. Successful applicants should demonstrate a genuine interest in politics and possess the determination to actively contribute to the democratic development of their respective countries. By participating in this program, scholars have the chance to shape the future of their nations in a responsible and impactful manner.
- Sponsor: German Bundestag
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): Not specified
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: 16
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: Africans
To be eligible for the German Bundestag IP Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Citizenship of a participating country
- Age must be below 30 years at the start of the scholarship on January 1st
- Completion of university studies
- Proficient knowledge of the German language (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Strong interest in political contexts and demonstrated social/political commitment.
To apply for the German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships, interested and eligible candidates are required to complete an online application and submit the necessary documents before the application deadline. It is important to note that all applications must be submitted in German and sent to the German diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s home country.
To complete the application for the German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships, applicants need to provide the following documents:
- Application form
- Passport photo (to be inserted on the first page of the application form)
- Proof of good German language skills, not older than 2 years
- Letter of motivation in German, signed by the applicant (maximum two pages)
- Copy of passport or ID
- Original degree certificate from the university or officially certified copy in English or German. The original or certified copy must be presented during a possible selection interview.
- Current letter of recommendation in German or English from a university lecturer or employer, assessing the applicant’s professional qualifications for the program.