Office of the President, Ghana Scholarship Secretariat local tertiary and foreign tertiary scholarships application is on-going. The Local Tertiary awards are in form of payment for Thesis and Bursary grants to Postgraduate Students in the Public Tertiary Institutions in Ghana while foreign tertiary awards cover scholarships at the tertiary level of education in a foreign country.
The award also covers payment of Disability Grants to the Physically Challenged Ghanaian Students in Tertiary Institutions and Long Stay Allowance for Medical Science students in Public Tertiary Institutions in the country.
Office of the President, Ghana Scholarship Secretariat
Local and Foreign tertiary institutions
Partial to fully funded scholarships
Applicants are to take note of the following;
- Should have gained admission into a local tertiary institution;
- Should have registered and enrolled to undertake the course;
- The Institution should be accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB);
- Categories of Local Tertiary Institutions (Private and Public);
- Nurses/Teacher Training Colleges:
- Colleges of Agriculture
- Technical Universities
- Certificate awarding tertiary institutions
Application forms for local scholarships are downloaded from the Secretariat’s website (www.ghanascholarshipsecretariat.com). All scholarship offers under Bilateral Cooperation Agreements are received through Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration. The role of the Secretariat in the administration of these scholarships entails:
- Publicity on Secretariat’s website and notice board, as well as one newspaper with nationwide circulation
- Receipt and processing of applications based on eligibility criteria
- Interviews and selection of applicants by a committee.
- Submission of selected applicants to awarding country for further consideration.
- Communication of awards to successful applicants.