KU Leuven is pleased to announce to exceptional scholars from institutions in the Global South to apply for the KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships 2022/23 aimed at supporting the ideal candidate to conduct 4 years of PhD research.
The scholarships are offered to excellent proposals that deal with a development-relevant research topic, preferably linked to one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Full tuition fee waiver
- 100% of net salary of an assistant (approx.. 2199 euro/month)
- Four return tickets in economy class.
- Belgian social security coverage
- Health, professional and accident insurance
- Supervision allowance
For consideration for the Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships, applicants to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must citizens of one of the countries included in the list.
- The candidate’s latest master’s degree must have awarded no more than ten years prior to 1 October 2022.
- Research project must be of excellent academic quality, with a special focus on the development relevance of the proposal.
- The research project must have a clear time frame indicating how the research periods at KU Leuven and at the home institution will alternate.
- The candidate to formally affiliated to a university in the home country.
Interested applicants for the KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships 2022 are to follow the 2-step application procedures. First the candidate should obtain admission to a doctoral or predoctoral programme. Secondly, once this admission has obtained, the candidate can apply for the KU Leuven Global Minds Doctoral Scholarship.
Applications are submitted using a digital application form.
- The candidate’s CV, utilising the Europass format
- The candidate’s bibliography, utilising this form
- The local co-promoter’s CV
- The research proposal (6 pages at the most)
- Motivation Letter
- Two recommendation letters by external, relevant referees.
29 April 2022