International Students Academic Merit Scholarship:
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is available to eligible new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
Graduate and Undergraduate
All Undergraduate and Graduate level courses offered at the University.
Scholarship Value per Academic Year:
Undergraduate students: Up to $12,500
Graduate students: Up to $11,500
All applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered for the scholarship:
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale (freshman applicants)
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale (undergraduate transfer applicants and graduate applicants)
- Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award in their admission letter. Students who wish to accept the scholarship must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form within three weeks from the date on the admissions letter.
- Apply for admission to ETSU undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 Visa information, J-1 Visa information).
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
Students Ineligible for the Merit Scholarship:
- Second Bachelor’s degree applicants, if previous Bachelor’s degree was granted by ETSU.
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship, Students:
- Receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Paying in-state or Erate tuition.
- Applying for the M.D. and PharmD programs
- Who are not in lawful F-1 or J-1 status
Award Terms and Conditions:
Undergraduate students: up to 8 semesters; provided the minimum eligibility requirements maintained.
Graduate Students: Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
Other conditions as outlined in the Acceptance Form.