IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme:
Early-career female researchers from 21 least developed member countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are eligible for an ambitious new postdoctoral programme offered by IsDB and TWAS. The fellowships will support research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing recipients with high-level training in areas relevant to sustainability science.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides support for research projects in the following fields:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
Fellowship Award Details:
The fellowship award will also cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD1,000. Any other travel needed, including airport transfers and local transportation, will be the awardee’s responsibility.
Information about living conditions, such as possibilities of accommodation, transportation, and any other issues related to the candidate’s stay in the host country must be obtained directly from the host institution. Neither TWAS nor IsDB can provide this information.
Applicants for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships must be women only and meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme.
- Up to 45 years of age at the time of the application.
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD.
- Host Institute must be in a developing country from the list.
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute.
- Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided.
- Must be employed at an institution in her home country.
Awarded female scholars must:
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her fellowship.
- Present a research plan agreed by her host supervisor.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- Be autonomous in regard to visa application, health insurance and housing in the host country.
Application Procedure and Documentation:
- Applications must be submitted only online via the link on the bottom of the page. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application, as early as possible.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications from male researchers will be rejected.
- Please note that a researcher may only submit one application at a time and for only one kind of grant or fellowship (i.e. either an IsDB-TWAS Fellowship, or a TWAS Research Grant or the OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship).
- For any queries please write to [email protected].
19 July 2021