Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship:
Are you an undergraduate; interested in studying in Japan? Applications are invited from interested and eligible international students across the globe for the 2022 Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship programme for Undergraduate Students to study in Japan.
The program aims to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) in cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Field of Study:
Natural sciences, Humanities, Social sciences and engineering.
Scholarship Funding details:
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
- Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: MEXT will stipulate the travel schedule and route, and provide an airline ticket to grantees who will arrive in Japan and also return ticket at the end of the programme.
MEXT accepts applications from international students for study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions.
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission; in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
- Age: Applicants, in principle, must be born on or after April 2, 1997. However, applicants who satisfy the conditions for Academic Background stipulated below must be 18 years of age or older at the time of admission to a university in Japan, however, there are a number of exception.
- Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions. However, applicants desiring direct placement must have a secondary education or equivalent.
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese.
- Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Additional Eligibility: It is important that you refer to the application guide for detailed and comprehensive eligibility conditions for the program.
Application Procedure and Documentation:
The application process and specific schedule for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2022 differ according to the country of your nationality. However, all applicants must complete and submit an application form (link below) and required documents at the embassy as stipulated in the application guidelines for the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2022 for Undergraduate Study.
Varies for each country.
For details click this file.