King & Amy O’Malley Trust Scholarships are annual undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for students enrolled in or applying for tertiary Home Economics or related areas (e.g. Family Studies, Consumer Science, Food and Nutrition, or Teacher education in these fields). There are 30 scholarships available each year and since 1986 when the scholarship was first awarded there have been hundreds of successful scholars who have benefited from the scholarship and been successful in their careers in the field.
Established in 1991, ECU has grown rapidly into a quality university with excellent student satisfaction and internationally recognized research.
Students and graduates at ECU are amongst the best in the world, with many fulfilling crucial roles in our society. Their outstanding achievements have been recognized throughout Australia and internationally through awards, grants, scholarships, and prizes.
ECU is committed to widening participation and breaking down barriers that restrict entry to education and is continuing to work on the enhancement and development of alternative entry pathways to higher education. An Institution that values diversity and this is exemplified by the multicultural student cohort spanning a wide range of ages.
The scholarship is available for Undergraduate, Graduate and Post-graduate (Masters) Students.
Field of Study:
Home Economics or related areas (e.g. Family Studies, Consumer Science, Food and Nutrition or Teacher education.
Domestic and International students.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must
- be intending to undertake full-time study in the following year in a program in Home Economics or equivalent which conforms to the criteria for an ‘eligible program’ as determined by the Managing Trustees;
- for postgraduate applications, normally have an undergraduate award in an eligible program in Home Economics or equivalent and must be intending to undertake full time or part-time study in the following year in a postgraduate program deemed eligible by the Managing Trustees;
- make a statement of professional goals and must demonstrate clear intentions to work in the field of Home Economics and to make a professional contribution to the field;
- if a citizen of another country living in Australia, be required to provide evidence of your intention to remain a permanent resident in Australia; and
- if studying overseas, be required to agree to return to Australia within 6 months of completing your program of study.
- Professional goals in home economics.
- Academic performance.
- Personal and leadership attributes.
- Potential to contribute to the Home Economics profession.
Applying Procedure Instructions:
- This scholarship is open to individuals who are prospective and current ECU students.
- Awards are made for a one year approved study program and scholarship holders may apply annually for awards for up to a total of 3 years of full-time study.
- Applications must be made on the Application Form to be found on the O’Malley Trust website.
Scholarship Official Web Link:
- For full details please visit the O’Malley Trust website to clarify the eligibility criteria and application information.
- Or you can call (61 3) 9811 9904