Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Mandela Scholarship Fund for undergraduate and postgraduate studies at Leiden University, Netherlands for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The Mandela Scholarship is intended for students who want to study at Leiden University for one semester in order to extend their knowledge and contribute to the development of their country.
Leiden University, Netherlands
Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Tuition fees
- Living allowance of € 1000 per month
For the Mandela Scholarship Fund at Leiden University, interested applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Permanent residents of South Africa.
- South African students, who intend to return to South Africa and contribute to national development after their studies at Leiden University.
- Motivated to upgrade or extend their knowledge in order to make a contribution towards the development of South Africa.
- Enrolled at a South African University.
- Students must be willing to return to South Africa after their studies.
Interested applicants for the Mandela Scholarship Fund at Leiden University are to submit an online application for admission for an exchange/study abroad course at Leiden University. Once admitted to an exchange/study abroad course, complete the Mandela scholarship application form.
Applicants are to submit their completed scholarship application form as scanned email attachment to: [email protected] and attach the following documents:
- Exchange/study abroad admission letter from Leiden University
- Scholarship motivation letter.
- Recent transcript of records from your South African University.
- Up-to-date CV
- Photocopy of your valid passport(s).
- Two original letters of recommendation.
- Documentation showing the status of any grants you have applied for.
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself in the Netherlands as Mandela scholarship does not cover all expenses.