Edith Cowan University in Australia, pleased to announce the 2023 MRIWA Postgraduate Scholarships for eligible students across the globe. The scholarships, sponsored by the Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia (MRIWA), are intended to encourage and enable students of exceptional research promise to undertake higher degrees by research at universities in Western Australia.
MRIWA offers scholarships in three categories annually to support postgraduate research training in any discipline relevant to the Minerals Industry in Western Australia: The MRIWA Odwyn Jones PhD Scholarship, The MRIWA PhD Scholarship for Women (open to women applicants only) and The MRIWA Indigenous Scholarship (open to Indigenous Australian applicants only).
Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia (MRIWA)
Edith Cowan University/universities in Western Australia
Scholarship Worth and Details:
The scholarships are awarded to students undertaking eligible post-graduate research relevant to the minerals industry of Western Australia. Applications can be considered from candidates studying or intending to study in any field consistent with MRIWA’s current Research Priority Plan
MRIWA postgraduate scholarships are available to both domestic and international applicants (subject to the conditions of award) and are tenable at any university in Western Australia.
- An annual stipend of up to $36,047 and;
- An allowance of $5,151 to support research and travel costs for up to three years;
- A possibility for a six-month extension.
For the 2023 MRIWA Postgraduate Scholarships you must:
- Be undertaking research relevant to the minerals industry of Western Australia;
- Meet the criteria for admission to a relevant Higher Degree by Research program at an eligible university, and have applied for entry that program;
- Meet all specified eligibility criteria for the scholarship(s) you are applying for;
- Have submitted a completed application form and research proposal to MRIWA;
To apply for the 2023 MRIWA Postgraduate Scholarships, complete all eligibility requirements and submit the required documents, including a completed MRIWA scholarship application form and a research proposal endorsed by potential supervisors at the proposed university, send to [email protected] on or before deadline.