International students can apply for the Otsuka Toshimi Scholarship Foundation 2023-24 in Japan, which provides opportunities to pursue postgraduate and undergraduate programs in various fields offered by universities in Japan.
The Otsuka Toshimi Scholarship Foundation, established in 1990, is a non-profit organization in Japan that offers scholarships to international students pursuing studies in the fields of human health or business administration. The foundation evaluates candidates based on their academic achievements, integrity, motivation, and contributions to society, and provides financial support for tuition fees, living expenses, and research. Scholarship recipients are expected to attend Foundation events and participate in building a network with other scholarship awardees. The Foundation’s objective is to encourage cooperation and understanding between Japan and other countries by assisting exceptional international students who possess leadership potential in their respective fields.
Otsuka Toshimi Scholarship Foundation 2023-24, Japan. is available to undertake Postgraduate, Undergraduate level programs at Japan Universities.
All subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- The scholarship offers three annual amounts: ¥2.0 million, ¥1.5 million or ¥1.0 million.
- Applicants who already receive scholarships or benefits from other sources may receive an annual sum of ¥500,000, provided the total sum of scholarships or benefits received from other sources during the scholarship period is less than 1.8 million yen.
- The selection committee evaluates applicants and determines the amount of scholarship to be awarded.
- Exceptional renewing applicants with outstanding research performance and personal integrity may receive an annual sum of ¥2.5 million, but only a small number of them.
- The scholarship may be reduced or withdrawn if the recipient fails to make satisfactory academic progress or engages in unethical or immoral behavior or illegal activities.
This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities.
- The scholarship is open to self-supporting international students in Japan with “college student” status.
- Applicants must be 38 years old or younger as of April 1, 2023.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an official degree program related to human health or business administration.
- Applicants must have excellent academic records, personal integrity, and be involved in creative or innovative research.
- Applicants must be able to receive guidance and pre-checking of documents from their supervising professor or another person.
- Applicants must not leave Japan for 40 or more days during the scholarship period, have an international perspective, and be committed to contributing to society.
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for financial aid, support Foundation events, build networks between scholarship recipients, and be motivated to study Japanese.
- Applicants must meet additional requirements specified by the Foundation and complete their studies within the standard period for completion.
- Night classes, weekend classes, and correspondence education programs are ineligible.
How to Apply:
The Otsuka Foundation has implemented an Application Support System, requiring applicants to complete an online submission and mail the original documents to the Foundation. To apply for the scholarship, follow these steps:
- Download the Scholarship Application Form and the Letter of Recommendation (include the Ranking and the Statement of Reasons, if applicable) from the link provided.
- The PDF or Excel format may be used when preparing a typewritten recommendation letter, but the recommender must provide a handwritten signature.
- Applicants from medical and business fields, as well as new and renewing applicants, have different application forms. Using the wrong form will render your application ineligible.
The deadline of the scholarship is 20 Apr 2023.