PhD Studentship in Pure Mathematics:
The School of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics anticipates that a fully funded PhD studentship in pure mathematics will be allocated in an open competition for a new, high-caliber PhD student commencing their studies in September 2021. The School is committed to promoting diversity, and we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
A more detailed description of the available projects can be found at the following link:
Successful participants will have the opportunity to undertake teaching related activities supported by training workshops.
100% of home tuition fees paid and annual living expenses of £15,609. We will consider covering the international fees for outstanding students and where possible.
The award is available to home and international applicants.
To qualify for the scholarship, students must:
- Apply to Trinity as an undergraduate study abroad student, i.e. apply to join Trinity for a single semester or year for transfer credit from their home university in a non-EU country.
- Applicants must apply for admission to study abroad at Trinity. Please note that Scholarship students must meet all minimum entry requirements, including the minimum GPA of 3.3.
- Submit a complete scholarship application, per guidelines below, by the relevant deadline.
- Please note: Students coming to Trinity via a student exchange agreement are not eligible to apply. If you have questions about your fee status, contact your home university’s study abroad office to clarify.
Students must submit an email with the below details to [email protected] by the deadline, with the email subject line of ‘Global Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship’.
A personal statement of 750 words. This must address the following:
- How studying abroad at Trinity will support your academic and personal goals.
- How the scholarship would help you to make the most of your experience abroad.
- A transcript.
- Students must also include their name, home institution, area of study, study abroad provider (if applicable), and confirm that they are not coming to Trinity via exchange.
- Applications which include personal statements of more than 750 words or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Criteria for selection
Students will be selected based on their academic performance to date at their home university. Performance in their major and minor subjects will be particularly relevant to their application, as will be the student’s personal statement.
April 15 2021