Rhodes Global Scholarships:
Established through the Will of Cecil John Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes Scholarship was a truly visionary project for its time. Over a hundred years, the Rhodes Scholarships are the oldest and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship programme in the world; enabling outstanding young people from around the world to undertake full-time postgraduate study at the University of Oxford.
One of the founding aims of the Scholarship was to identify young leaders from around the world; who, through the pursuit of education together at Oxford; would forge bonds of mutual understanding and fellowship for the betterment of mankind. Although the language is old-fashioned, this remains one of the founding aims of the Scholarship to select outstanding young people, with the potential to lead, who will make an impact for good in the world in later life.
Post Graduate / PhD
Various courses offered at the University.
The Scholarship is a fully funded postgraduate award.
The Rhodes Scholarship is for two years in the first instance. The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University (and College) fees as well as providing an annual stipend. For the 2019/20 academic year, the stipend will be £15,900 per annum (£1,325 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation. Please note – this is not sufficient to cover partners or dependents.
- Each applicant must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.
- Age limits vary between constituencies, ranging between 19 up to a maximum of 27 years.
- You must have completed (or will have completed), an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.7 out of 4 or higher, or the equivalent academic level in your country.
- Academic achievement and excellence.
- Ambition for impact, clarity of purpose, and intrinsic motivation.
- A commitment to make a difference for good in the world.
- The courage and skills required to lead with a wider desire for public good.
Applications for the Rhodes Scholarship consist of multiple stages. Below are 7 steps to guide you through the process.
- Checking Eligibility
- Choice of Oxford Course
- Preparing a personal statement
- Reference letters
- Checking and Gathering Documents
- Social Media Engagement
- Final Interview
30 September 2021