Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is offering Scholarships to foreign citizens, based on H.G. 288/1993, for the academic year 2021 – 2022. The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Selected Institutions in Romania.
Undergraduate, Graduate, Masters, PhD
Field of Study:
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Programmes offered at the University.
- financing tuition fees;
- financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education and Research, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places);
- granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in lei of the amount of 65 EURO, for undergraduate students; the equivalent in lei of the amount of 75 EURO, for master and specialization students, the equivalent in lei of the amount of 85 EURO, for PhD students.
Citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union.
Generally candidates applying for the Romanian Government Scholarship 2021/22 should;
- Be a foreign citizen from countries not member of the European Union
- Have a pre-qualification for the study level they are applying for
- Meet other conditions for applying to the scholarships, as may differ depending on applicant’s country.
The following exceptions of persons are not eligible under this programme:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes) ;
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The application files must be sent by the candidates, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), only through the diplomatic missions of Romania.
Application files may also be submitted by candidates, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), and also through the diplomatic mission of the state of citizenship accredited in Bucharest. If the diplomatic mission in question accepts it (a dedicated email address will be made available to foreign missions accredited in Romania for this purpose).
To get all the necessary information about the Romanian Government Scholarship 2021/22 (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and guide on how to submit application files, the candidates should see 2021/22 Program Information
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021