The University of Amsterdam is a highly respected educational institution in the Netherlands that offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The university aims to attract the most talented and ambitious students by providing various scholarship programs, including the prestigious merit scholarship.
The merit scholarship is a highly competitive and esteemed award that is tailored to support exceptional students from around the world. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic performance, as well as a strong commitment to leadership, innovation, and community service. The scholarship covers tuition fees and provides a generous stipend to support living expenses, enabling students to fully focus on their studies and pursue their academic goals.
The merit scholarship not only provides financial support but also recognizes and rewards excellence in academic performance and leadership potential. By investing in the most promising and talented students, the University of Amsterdam is actively contributing to the development of a more prosperous and equitable society while shaping the future of education and research.
- Scholarship Host Country: Netherlands
- Host: University of Amsterdam
- Course Level: Masters
- Eligibility: International Students
The benefits of the Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS) program offered by the University of Amsterdam:
- Financial Support: The AMS scholarship financially assists non-EU/EEA students pursuing a Master’s degree at the University of Amsterdam. It covers tuition fees and provides a stipend of €2,000 to €25,000 for living expenses.
- Prestigious Recognition: Receiving an AMS scholarship is prestigious and recognizes academic excellence, leadership potential, and commitment to community service. It’s highly competitive.
- Access to a World-Class University: The University of Amsterdam offers world-class education and research facilities, with a variety of Master’s degree programs in multiple fields.
- Career Opportunities: A Master’s degree from the University of Amsterdam can lead to excellent career opportunities nationally and internationally. The scholarship program allows focusing on academic and professional development without tuition fees.
- Networking: AMS scholarship recipients join a lively community of international students and the University of Amsterdam alumni, creating opportunities for networking and cultural exchange while building lifelong connections.
the eligibility requirements for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarships (AMS) program offered by the University of Amsterdam:
- Non-EU/EEA Student: Only non-EU/EEA students are eligible for the scholarship.
- Admitted to a Full-Time Master’s Program: Applicants must have been admitted to a full-time Master’s program at the University of Amsterdam and have received a letter of admission.
- Excellent Academic Record: Applicants must have a remarkable academic record and provide evidence of this through academic transcripts and other supporting documents.
- Proficiency in English: Applicants must be proficient in the English language and demonstrate this through their TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Passport Photocopy
- Academic records
- Motivation letter
- Financial plan letter
- Recommendation letter
- Research plan
How to Apply:
The steps to apply for the AMS scholarship are as follows.
- Check Eligibility: Review the eligibility criteria on the scholarship website to confirm you meet the requirements.
- Apply for Admission: Apply for admission to a full-time Master’s program at the University of Amsterdam.
- Prepare Documents: Gather all required documents, including transcripts, a CV, a letter of motivation, and English proficiency proof.
- Complete Scholarship Application: Fill out the online scholarship application form on the scholarship website.
- Submit Application: Submit your scholarship application before the specified deadline.
- Wait for the Results: The University of Amsterdam will inform you of the scholarship decision. If awarded, additional requirements must be met.
To avoid confusion, applicants should check the official website for specific Amsterdam Merit Scholarship deadlines as they may vary by course.