Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship – African Women in STEM:
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding female students from certain African countries. This scholarship is introduced to support those who share the passion to study in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, our elite and highly ranked programs at Macquarie University.
The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM is highly competitive and will be awarded to ONE student in the year 2021 or 2022.
Undergraduate and Post-Graduate.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
50% of the total tuition fee.
Scholarship does NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
- Be a female.
- Have a citizenship of a country within the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship.
- Hold a full offer of admission or package offer with English for a coursework program that is listed as in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics at Macquarie University (North Ryde Campus).
- Have a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0 for postgraduate applications and a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications.
- Commence the degree program in 2021 or 2022. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one session in duration.
Application Procedure and Documentation:
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form and type “African Women STEM” in the Scholarship Name field.
- We will be in touch with you regarding sending your selfie video provided if you are assessed as to have met all other eligibility criteria.