The University of Sydney welcomes applications from interested and eligible students for the Woolley Memorial Postgraduate Research Scholarship. The scholarship provides financial support to students undertaking research in Classics and Ancient History.
Dr John Woolley Memorial Postgraduate Research
The University of Sydney, Australia
Stipend allowance equivalent to RTP rate
Domestic & International Students
For Woolley Memorial Postgraduate Research Scholarship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Be enrolled, intending to apply, applied for admission, have a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a PhD in Classics and Ancient History, School of Humanities
- Applicants to conduct research in the Classics including language, literature history and cultures from ancient Greece and Rome from the eighth century BC to the eighth century AD.
To participate for Woolley Memorial Postgraduate Research Scholarship, applicants are to submit application online for this award.
The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of:
- Academic merit – Scholarships Office to use ‘paste as text’ (clipboard with T) and ensure there is a line space between every paragraph.
- Area of study and/or research proposal,
- Curriculum vitae, and
- A personal statement which details which areas of Classics the applicant is planning to undertake or is currently undertaking their research in.
May 2, 2022