About the University:
By every measure, the University of Adelaide—a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities—stands tall among the world’s leading institutions of learning and innovation.
The clearest indication of this is the consistently high rating by the most respected international assessment bodies: QS World University Rankings, Times Higher Education and Shanghai Jiao Tong’s Academic Rankings of World Universities (ARWU). All consider this one of the top 1% of universities worldwide and the top university in the state.
Masters and PhD Level students
Field of Study:
All Subject areas
Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and the citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and the citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Applicants who have applied for Australian permanent residency status, but have not yet received an outcome, can apply.
- Successful recipients are required to apply and enroll in their intended program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed (and acceptable evidence provided), or evidence of withdrawal has been provided.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of a First Class Australian Honours degree. (In Australia an Honours degree is generally a one-year qualification taken after an undergraduate degree and involves further study in a particular discipline area. In some areas, Honours is available as part of the final year of a four-year undergraduate degree. It is recognized as a prestigious qualification that further develops research, writing and organizational skills. It also demonstrates an ability to undertake high level study. Achievement of a First Class Honours degree indicates that the recipient performed at the highest academic level and indicates that they have had an introduction to independent research.)
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- Successful recipients must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered. It is not possible to defer the award.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
- NOTE: If an applicant has previously been awarded an international higher degree by research scholarship by the University of Adelaide, and failed to successfully complete the corresponding academic program, that applicant will not be reconsidered for any future international higher degree by research scholarships.
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form.