African Plant Nutrition Scholar Award:
African Plant Nutrition Institute is offering ten deserving African graduate students in sciences relevant to plant nutrition and the management of nutrients applied to crops. The Award is independent of any assistant ship scholarship, or other award that the student currently holds.
For Masters and PhD seeking students.
Soil science, Agronomy, and Horticultural science or Tree crop science.
Scholarship Award Value:
Award of USD $2,000 each for ten deserving African graduate students.
Graduate students are eligible if they are:
- Currently attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
- Candidates for M.Sc., M.Phil., or PhD. degrees, who are currently enrolled in a program of graduate study. To be eligible, M.Sc. and M.Phil students must be in the second year of their studies. Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible.
- Students in the disciplines of soil science, agronomy, and horticultural science or tree crop science with a focus on plant nutrition; are encouraged to apply.
- Past winners of the Award are not eligible.
Applying Procedure & Documentation:
The application is only available on-line. In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- Electronic copy of transcripts of all university work, including cumulative and final grade records (GPA or percentile).
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the major professor. Signed letters and written on official letterhead and must include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A description of the focus of your thesis or dissertation research presented in a manner that will permit evaluation of its originality, depth, and scope, innovative approaches, and relevance.
- A brief description of any additional information that may be relevant to the award (such as honors or awards you have received, employment history, career goals, and other activities you pursue).
- Upload documents during the online application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.