Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the United Nations/Japan Long-term Fellowship Program for postgraduate studies in Nano-Satellite Technologies (PNST) which is a Basic Space Technology Initiative Fellowship.
The fellowship which is for nationals of non-space-faring nations will provide extensive research opportunities in Nano-satellite systems through the use of the nano-satellite development and testing facilities available at Kyutech.
United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs, Government of Japan
Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech)
Science and Technology.
The selected candidates will each receive a grant under Japanese government (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology: MEXT) scholarship (Research Students) of approximately 144,000 JPY per month for the duration of their fellowship study (2 or 3 years) to cover housing, food, local transportation, and other expenses. Each candidate will be provided, according to his/her itinerary and route as designated by MEXT, an economy class air ticket between an international airport in the country of his/her nationality and an international airport in Japan used on the normal route to the accepting university. Fees for matriculation, tuition and entrance examinations will be paid by Kyutech.
To be eligible for the United Nations/Japan Long-term Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Nationals of developing countries or non-space-faring nations (countries without an established substantial capability to develop space technology/launch space objects);
- Duly nominated by their institutions;
- Born on or after 2 April 1987;
- Should have the academic and professional background required by the specific fellowship program.
- Candidates seeking a Master degree expect to have completed studies ending with a Bachelor Degree or equivalent (4 year university degree) in engineering-related subjects.
- Candidates seeking a Doctorate degree expect to have completed studies ending with a Master Degree or equivalent (5 years university degree) in engineering-related subjects; and
- Be able to make professional use of the experience gained in the fellowship program.
Interested and eligible applicants for the United Nations/Japan Long-term Fellowship are to register online and thereafter proceed to submit their application form. The fully completed application form and other required documents except the referee report forms shall be submitted in electronic format (.doc or .pdf or.xls) at the Web address that is in the confirmation e-mail you will receive after registering above, not later than the application deadline.
10 January 2022