Chinese Government Scholarship:
Chinese Government is offering scholarships to eligible and outstanding international students to study at Shaanxi Normal University in Independent Enrolment Program for the 2021-2022 academic session.
Shaanxi Normal University is one of the independent enrolment institutions for the Chinese government scholarship. This scholarship is highly competitive and available to masters and PhD students. The scholarship program is a fully funded program established by the Ministry of Education in China to support Chinese universities.
Subjects offered by the University
The benefits of the Shaanxi Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship University Independent Enrollment Program 2021-2022 include the following;
- Free registration fee
- Tuition free
- Free on-campus accommodation
- Supply scholarship living expenses: 3000 yuan/month for master’s students; 3500 yuan/month for doctoral students.
- Provide comprehensive medical insurance for international students in China: Insured by a designated insurance company, it will cover the hospitalization expenses, hospital care fees, death compensation, etc. of the students’ serious illness and hospitalization, and the third party can advance the payment.
To be considered for the Shaanxi Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship University Independent Enrollment Program 2021-2022, candidates must meet the program requirements listed below.
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- Master’s degree applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Doctoral degree applicants must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Language Requirements:
- Chinese-taught Programs: Humanities: Applicants should have passed HSK4 when apply. Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving HSK5 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK5 certificate don’t need one-year Chinese training);
- Science and Arts (Music, Fine Art etc.): Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving HSK4 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK4 certificate don’t need one- year Chinese training.);
- English-taught Programs: Except for native English speakers, all other applicants are required to provide a valid English level certificate (IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 60, or other corresponding level of English proficiency certificate). Students are required to pass HSK3 when they graduate from SNNU.
- Applicants who have research results or who have received awards will be prioritized for admission.
Application Procedure Instructions:
Complete the online application procedure at the CSC Online Application System for International Students. The agency number is 10718 and please choose the type B. Additionally;
- Complete the online application procedure at the Shaanxi Normal University Online Application System for International Students.
- Conduct preliminary examination of materials, interviews and comprehensive assessment.
- After the final auditing by the China Scholarship Council, the admission name list will be announced online during July-August 2021.
- All applicants who do not receive the Chinese Government Scholarship will automatically be considered as candidates for the Shaanxi Normal University International Student Scholarship.
April 15, 2021