Commonwealth Professional Fellowships:
Are you a mid-career professional from a low- and middle-income country looking for how to develop your skills and potentials to the highest level? Then apply for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2021-22.
The fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low- and middle-income countries to spend a period of time at a UK Host organization working in their sector for a programme of professional development.
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK
Cardiff University’s Phoenix Project, Commonwealth Telecommunications Organization, Knowledge For Change, Life gate Outreach Centre, Windle Trust International
All study levels
Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
For consideration of the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships; Interested candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowships programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum.
- Be in employment at the time of application that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship
- Provide at least two references, one of which must be from their current employer. Any applications for which references are not received by the reference closing date, considered ineligible.
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to start their fellowship within prescribed dates.
Interested applicants for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2021 are to please note that the current round of the Fellowships are in the thematic area of Girls’ Education. All applicants must be professionals working on related issues.
Apply using the CSC’s online application system, link below.
9th August 2021 at 16:00 BST for submission of application while submission of references is 30 August 2021 at 16:00 BST.