Entrance Scholarships at Cape Breton University:
Through the efforts of donors, $2.5 million in scholarships and bursaries are offered to students entering CBU each year. Students entering direct from high school or through articulation agreement partners are considered for entrance scholarships based on their academic grades.
A limited number of the following awards will be offered
|Name||Total Amount||Yearly Amount|
|W.M. Reid||$11,500||$4K & $2.5K|
High School Students
- No failures in Grade 11 or 12 courses;
- Average is based on all AC & AD Grade 11 courses and all AC & AD completed Grade 12 courses after first semester;
- Average for international students entering directly from high school, determined by Cape Breton University;
- ESL conditional offers must attend a CBU English language partner school to have award honored.
Articulation Agreement Students
- Articulation agreements (both domestic & international) qualify;
- Students enrolled in their program of transfer;
- ESL conditional offers must attend a CBU English language partner school to have award honored;
- Minimum 80% average as determined by CBU to be eligible with no failures.
To apply for the scholarship all entering students must submit the following in addition to an admission application.
- Official transcript
- Financial need application for those interested in bursaries
October 15, 2021