The Malaysian government is offering the fully funded Government of Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) for the academic year 2023/2024, providing a great opportunity for graduate students from abroad who wish to study in Malaysia. Applications are currently being accepted for this scholarship, which aims to attract talented individuals from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia. The MIS is part of Malaysia’s efforts to become a prominent hub of academic excellence globally by enticing, inspiring, and retaining exceptional international scholars.
Sponsorship Provider: Malaysian Government
Educational Institutions: Higher Institutions in Malaysia
Scholarship Value: Full Funding (Exact amount specified)
Number of Scholarships: Multiple
Academic Level: Postgraduate
Eligible Nationality: International Students
Candidates applying for the Government of Malaysia International Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- They should be graduates from the eligible countries (refer to the guidelines) of MIS 2023, and a. Have the intention to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia, or b. Currently be enrolled in full-time postgraduate studies at Malaysian public universities or selected private higher educational institutions.
In addition, the applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
- Age Limit:
- For Master’s level, the applicant must not exceed 40 years old at the time of application.
- For PhD level, the applicant must not exceed 45 years old at the time of application.
- Academic Qualifications:
- For Master’s applicants: Obtaining a CGPA of 3.0 or a 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at the Bachelor’s Degree level.
- For PhD applicants: Obtaining a CGPA of 3.0 or excellent results at the Master’s level in a course related to the intended study program.
- English Language Proficiency:
- Achieving a band score of 6.0 or higher in the IELTS examination.
- Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in the TOEFL paper-based test (PBT).
- Holding a previous degree(s) where English was used as the medium of instruction (evidence required).
- Submission of Research Proposal:
- Providing a written research proposal of at least 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of study.
The Government of Malaysia International Scholarship covers only the tuition fees and a monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00. Recipients of the scholarship are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to Malaysia, as travel expenses will not be covered by the Malaysian government. All applicants are strongly recommended to assess the anticipated cost of living in Malaysia.
To apply for the MIS, interested individuals can access the program’s online application system. As part of the application process, applicants are required to provide all the necessary information and ensure they have the following mandatory documents scanned and saved in PDF format. These documents should be uploaded to the online application system at a later stage.
When applying for the MIS, make sure you have the following documents ready in PDF format to be uploaded to the online application system:
- Completed Application Form
- Certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality
- Certified copy of Academic Transcript(s) for previous degrees
- Certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL)
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees
- Endorsement Form
- Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Proposal
The last date for this scholarship is 18 May 2023.