Fully Funded KNB Scholarships:
The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students from developing countries to pursue their master’s degree in Indonesian Universities. Initially, the idea of offering scholarships by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia for the student coming from the NAM member countries were mandated in the 10th Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries commenced in Bandung from 1st – 6th September 1992. Following that mandate, in 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries.
KNB Indonesian Government, Indonesia
Indonesian higher education institutions.
Humanities, Engineering, Science, Education, and Social Science
The Indonesian Government KNB Scholarship 2021 will cover;
- Settlement Allowance: IDR 1,250,000 given upon arrival.
- Living Allowance: IDR 2,550,000 per month to new students while they take the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs
- For Master’s Program:
– Living Allowance: IDR 2,550,000
– Research Allowance: IDR 400,000
– Books Allowance: IDR 350,000
- Health insurance: Maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium.
- A Round-trip international airfare (economy class): From the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university.
Students from Developing Countries
To be considered for the Indonesian Government KNB Scholarship 2021 for Developing Countries, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements. Applicants must
- Be international students.
- Be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct.
- or may not hold any other scholarship at the same time.
- Hold excellent academic records.
- Not be over 25 and 35 years old for undergraduate and postgraduate respectively.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree holder is not eligible to apply).
- Have a TOEFL or IELTS (or other certified English Proficiency Test) score of 80 or 6.0 or equivalent.
- Complete the online application form.
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign a Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management.
Follow the steps below to apply;
- Download the Invitation Letter from the KNB Scholarship website.
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy or Indonesian Consulate to acquire the recommendation letter.
- Complete the online application process.
- Selection process.
- The Selection Results will be broadcasted online through the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
April 20, 2021