German Bundestag Parliament Scholarship:
for PhD students
The focus is on events on the German parliamentary system as well as lectures, workshops and seminars on, among other things, parliamentary democracy, the way in which parliament works and how it functions. In addition, the topics of pluralism, protection of minorities and culture of remembrance are conveyed as a political mandate. A workshop on project management should help to develop your own project ideas with the aim of promoting democracy and civil society in the respective countries of origin.
The participants receive:
- a grant of 500 euros.
- costs for health, accident and liability insurance.
- free accommodation is granted in a residential complex (two-person shared apartment).
The costs of travel to and from Berlin will be reimbursed.
South Africa, Namibia and Botswana Nationals
- Citizenship of one of the three participating countries (dual citizenship possible)
- younger than 30 years at the beginning of the scholarship
- completed university degree
- very good knowledge of the German language
- Interest in political contexts as well as social / political engagement
Please send the complete online application documents in a PDF document, the file name of which consists of your surname and first name (i.e. “surname-first name”), by email to the German representation in your home country. You can find this information and the application form link below.
Application should be in German and contain the following scanned documents:
- Passport photo (please insert on page 1 of the application form);
- Proof of very good German language skills
(at least level B 2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- Letter of motivation (maximum two pages);
- Copy of passport or copy of ID;
- Officially certified copy of the degree certificate;
- a letter of recommendation in German or English; (from a university professor or from the employer, in which the professional qualifications of the applicant for the program are assessed).
July 31, 2021