IDB-KAUST Joint Ph.D. The scholarship program is sponsored jointly by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to study at KAUST.
The Scholarship Program was established in 2012 within the scope of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program and the KAUST Ph.D. Program. Under the scholarship program, citizens of IDB member countries are eligible to apply for the scholarship to study at KAUST for a full-time 4-year Ph.D. The Program is jointly funded by IDB and KAUST to award 5 scholarships annually. The scholarship is a fully-funded program as per the KAUST rules and procedures; supported throughout the eligible duration of the study program.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
Awarded applicants will get:
- full tuition fees
- monthly living allowances
- dormitory/living placement
- medical insurance/support
IDB member countries
The candidate must be:
- A citizen of an IDB member country (visit the IDB Merit Scholarship Program for a full listing of member countries)
- Age not over 35 years;
- Engaged in full-time employment in an academic, research or development institute in the home country.
- Meets the eligibility criteria of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program;
- Have a firm admission offer at the KAUST for a PhD program.
Selection of candidates under this joint program will be within the scope of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program. Interested candidates must follow these criteria and procedures to apply for the scholarship. Information about IDB and KAUST is available from their respective websites.
Application / Selection Procedure:
Applicants must apply through the web-based application portal. Click the apply now link below.