Applications now being accepted at the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study for the Iso Lomso Fellowship program aimed at supporting African scholars who have obtained their doctoral degree within the preceding years and hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Africa.
The fellowship aims to fill the gap that exists between completing a doctoral study and becoming an established scholar in Africa. An important priority of the programs is to strengthen a culture of research on the continent. Iso Lomso fellowships provide a three-year attachment to STIAS to enable fellows to develop and conduct a long-term research program.
Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS)
- An economy return flight
- Monthly stipend
- Access to the Stellenbosch University library
- Participation in regular STIAS fellows program
- Child care subsidy
To be eligible for the Iso Lomso Fellowships for Africans, applicants must:
- Candidates should have established a research program and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD program.
- Applicants must be an African scholar holding academic position in an African university or research institute.
- Possess excellent research and leadership potential.
- Should be able to conduct research in his/her area of specialization.
- A motivational cover letter of not more than one page in length.
- A pre-proposal for a three-year research project.
- One or two recent writing examples authored by the applicant.
- A copy of the applicant’s doctoral certificate.
- Letter of support from applicant’s home institution.
- Two letters of recommendation.
15 February 2022