(KAAD)(in English, Catholic Academic Exchange Service) is inviting applications from outstanding applicants who are willing to enroll in a masters or PhD degree study programme in Germany. This scholarship is a fully funded opportunity and highly competitive.
KAAD is the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, as well as Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
Universities in Germany
KAAD expect the following from the prospective candidates:
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
KAAD supports his scholars in form of scholarships and educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance in view of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries.
This is based on cooperation with partner committees and associations of ex-scholars in those countries and it aims at setting up (scientific) networks and at contributing to a holistic development, which includes the religious and inter-religious dimensions.
For KAAD International Scholarship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- Applicants must have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- Are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- Applicants must possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Applications submission online through the online application portal (Link below). Please follow instructions on the page to fill and submit the form as appropriate.
KAAD is working with focus- and partner countries in your region. So-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications channeled via them. Applications from other countries considered only in exceptional cases.