The University of Cape Town (UCT) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, pleased to announce its global Scholar’s program.
The program is an initiative that provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education. The Scholarships ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications recognized internationally and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice. The scholarships covers the full period of study and renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the program.
University of Cape Town
Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- Academic and peer mentor support.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
- Scholarship applicants advised to carefully read about the specific entry requirements and course application procedure of the program of their choice. The information is available from the respective programs sections. In addition to program requirements, all applicants have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for your last degree
- Candidates should apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree
- Study completed an internationally recognized university
- The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
- South African students require to have an honors degree in order to get admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- Women encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
Interested applicants for the University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2022 are to apply online on or before the application deadline.
30 April 2022