The University of Melbourne in Australia is currently extending a generous opportunity to around 1000 international undergraduate students of all nationalities. This initiative, known as the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships, is specifically designed for exceptional students who are planning to enroll at the University of Melbourne for the academic session commencing in 2023/2024.
These scholarships not only serve as a financial boon but also open doors for recipients to collaborate with a multitude of exceptionally talented and inspiring researchers affiliated with the university. It’s crucial for prospective applicants to bear in mind that the selection process for these scholarships hinges on academic excellence. Candidates will be meticulously assessed and ranked based on their high school final year results, which will determine the precise value of the scholarship they are awarded.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Melbourne, Australia
- Scholarship Destination: University of Melbourne, Australia
- Scholarship Value: Maximum value of $56,000
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 1000 scholarships available
- Academic Level: Undergraduate studies
- Eligibility: Open to international students from all nationalities
To qualify for these scholarships, candidates are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizenship: Applicants should hold citizenship in a country other than Australia and New Zealand and should not possess permanent residency status in Australia.
- Course Offer: Applicants must have received an offer for an undergraduate program at the University of Melbourne.
- Academic Background: Candidates should not have previously pursued any tertiary studies, except for extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program.
- Academic Performance: Applicants should demonstrate commendable academic achievements in their high school certificates or their equivalent qualifications.
- Leadership Skills: Candidates are expected to exhibit robust leadership potential and the ability to engage effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
This scholarship offers one of the following options:
- A tuition fee reduction of $10,000 for the initial year of an undergraduate program.
- A 50% tuition fee reduction for the entire three-year duration of an undergraduate degree.
- A full 100% tuition fee remission for the complete three-year span of an undergraduate degree.
Prospective applicants should initiate the process by seeking admission to a full-time undergraduate program at the University of Melbourne for the academic session starting in 2022/2023. Eligible candidates who secure an admission offer will be automatically assessed for scholarships based on their academic excellence.