All eligible undergraduate students who wish to enroll in a degree program are hereby invited to apply for University of Otago Performance Entrance Scholarship special awards. Scholarships are available to international students with excellent academic performances.
The scholarships will assist international students who are intending to enroll or have enrolled for the first time for first-year (100-level), full-time degree-level, undergraduate study at the University of Otago.
University of Otago, New Zealand
Tuition Award: Up to $16,000 per academic year
All Entrance Scholarships are normally open to students who meet the requirements of 1.1 OR 1.2, AND 2. Those who fit within 3 are normally ineligible.
- 1.1: Are New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents, Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents with domestic fee status; Or
- 1.2: International students who have studied in Year 12 and have completed or are in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school, or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution. And
- 2: Are intending to enrol or have enrolled for the first time for first-year (100-level papers), full-time degree-level, undergraduate study at the University of Otago.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Otago’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
- All applications for Entrance Scholarships done through eVision, the University’s student management system. In order to apply for a scholarship, go through the first stages of enrolment at the University of Otago to access the Entrance Scholarship online application.
- The apply for an entrance scholarship information page and the scholarship application preparation page are useful for understanding how to apply.