The South African Reserve Bank External Bursary (SARB) Scheme 2024 is now accepting applications from eligible South African citizens who possess the necessary qualifications. This bursary program is designed to assist talented students in successfully pursuing their higher education.
In an effort to alleviate the critical skills shortage in South Africa, the SARB extends financial support in the form of scholarships and bursaries to individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who are studying in relevant fields. By offering these educational opportunities, the SARB aims to empower bright students and enable them to complete their tertiary education.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): South African Reserve Bank
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
- Host Institution(s): Not specified
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Nationality: South Africans
To be eligible for the External Bursary Scheme, applicants must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Bursaries will be granted to applicants who achieved a minimum average of 70 percent in the June Matric/Grade 12 exams. However, the final awarding of the bursary is contingent upon the submission of final results and acceptance into a South African university.
- The bursaries are exclusively available to South African citizens.
- Consideration for a bursary will be given only to students who lack the financial resources necessary to attend university.
Prospective candidates who wish to apply for the South African Reserve Bank External Bursary have the option to complete an online application before the specified deadline. Alternatively, applicants can send their application form, along with their examination results, proof of acceptance at a recognized institution (including the student number), and any other supporting documents via mail to:
Mr John Legoete P.O. Box 30632 BRAAMFONTEIN 2017
Alternatively, applications can be submitted via fax to 0866097183 or emailed to [email protected].