Applications call for the Special Research Fund PhD Scholarships at Ghent University is now open. Deserving and eligible doctoral students from developing countries are encouraged to apply for the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship seeks to support promising doctoral candidates who wish to carry out part of his/her doctoral research at Ghent University and half in a university in a developing country with funding from ‘Special Research Fund’ (BOF).
Ghent University is a public research university and one of the most prestigious universities in Belgium, currently ranked within the top 150 of the QS World University Rankings. Founded in 1817, with Latin as the language of instruction, Ghent University is today one of the largest universities in Flanders, with a student body of 41,000, including more than 4,150 international students. The language of instruction at Ghent University is primarily Dutch, but the university does offer some postgraduate courses taught in English.
- PhD scholarship at Ghent University (in total 24 months)
- The Ghent University receives a bench fee of € 310/per month of research in Ghent + €8000 travel budget to cover (part of) the operational costs of research.
Applicants from Developing Countries.
To be considered for this Special Research Fund Scholarship for doctoral studies:
- Applicants must be international student from developing countries
- Submit Applications on the application forms provided for this purpose; assessed by the Research council.
- Note that the scholarship is highly competitive and the applicants selected based on their Bachelor and Master degree results.
- Applicants will also be assessed by their doctoral project, relevance of the research topic for development and capacity building.
- The scientific and scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s); the partnership between Ghent University and the Local Institutes as well as the scientific/ scholarly disposition of the local institute.
- The qualification of the applicants
- The relevance of the research topic for development and capacity building
- The doctoral project
- Scientific/scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s)
- Applicants must submit application form electronically via e-mail to [email protected]
- Applicant’s Ghent University supervisor must submit an advice on the candidate, stating the supervisor’s opinion on the capability of the candidate as a future researcher. Also submit an advice on the ethical and biosafety context of the proposed research project.
1 February 2022