Universiti Malaya Student Financial Aid:
Universiti Malaya would like to invite postgraduate candidates to apply for the Universiti Malaya Student Financial Aid award. This scheme is open to local and international candidates enrolled (active status) in Masters (research mode) or Doctoral programme.
Successful applicants will receive living allowance and up to 100% fee waiver (for selected fees).
Local and International Students
Financial Aid Details:
Successful applicants will receive a tuition fee waiver or discount for the applied semester based on the following rates:
|No.||Stipend Amount Paid by|
Research Grant (RM)
|Fee Waiver / Discount Rate (%)|
|1.||1,000 – 2,000||100|
|2.||2,001 – 2,500||80|
|3.||2,501 – 3,000||60|
|4.||3,001 – 3,500||40|
|5.||3,501 – 4,000||20|
|6.||4,001 and above||0|
The list of fees that are NOT waived under this scheme are:
- Thesis Submission fee
- Examination fee
- Graduation fee
- International Student fee (for international students only).
This scheme is open to local and international postgraduate candidates enrolled in Masters (full research) or Doctorate programme at Universiti Malaya (UM).
- have been offered as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) by UM for a period of at least four (4) months for the applied semester (to apply for GRA, go to https://ra-recruitment.um.edu.my/)
- not be sponsored by any federal/state/statutory body or any other organisation.
- be free from any debt / outstanding fees with UM.
- be within the Graduate on Time (GOT) period of candidature at the time of application.
- Applications must be submitted online via maya.um.edu.my http://maya.um.edu.my > Finance > Scholarship. Applications submitted in hard copy format will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to upload their previous and latest Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) offer letter in the online application system. The GRA offer letter must have been issued by the Institute of Research Management & Services (IPPP), Universiti Malaya (https://umresearch.um.edu.my/).
- Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
August 31, 2021