President’s Doctoral Scholar Award:
Applications are hereby invited as each year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries.
Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS). The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or PhD and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree.
Masters & PhD degree
Any research or Art subjects
The benefits of the fully-funded scholarships of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists will cover:
- Fully-funded scholarship.
- All university tuition fees at the international rate; health insurance, air fare, housing allowance etc.
Following is criteria for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists;
- Hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD program;
- Applicants must hold (or are about to obtain) a undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- Ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- Must have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
Application Procedure Instructions:
All interested and eligible applicants are expected to apply and be given an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a Masters or PhD in any Swiss public university, thereafter can proceed to visit www.sbfi.admin.ch/scholarships_eng to apply for the scholarship.
Check the application deadline and the different types of scholarship on offer. These vary according to country. You will also find details of what to do next and where to get more information.