The University of Glasgow School of Geography and Earth Sciences is delighted to present the SGE Sciences PGT Excellence Awards, an esteemed scholarship opportunity for prospective postgraduate taught students. This prestigious award is specifically designed for international students who aspire to pursue a research-focused program at the University.
The primary objective of this scholarship is to draw exceptionally bright and accomplished individuals to join the postgraduate taught programs offered by the School. The recipients of this scholarship will have the privilege of experiencing an intellectually stimulating education, one that is deeply rooted in research and informed by industry practices.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must possess an outstanding academic record, including a first-class UK-equivalent honors degree with a remarkable score of 70% and above. This merit-based scholarship is an excellent opportunity for aspiring scholars to further their academic journey at the University of Glasgow and contribute to the advancement of geographical and earth sciences.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Glasgow, UK
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award
- Host Institution(s): University of Glasgow, UK
- Scholarship Worth: £10,000
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Graduate students
- Nationality: International students
The University of Glasgow School of Geographical and Earth Sciences PGT Excellence Awards has specific eligibility criteria that applicants must meet. Here are the requirements:
- Nationality: Applicants must be international students.
- Program Offer: Candidates must have received an offer for a full-time program at the University of Glasgow, UK.
- Personal Success Skills: Demonstrated exceptional personal success skills, which may include emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, and other relevant qualities.
- Motivation and Responsibility: Candidates should exhibit high motivation, responsibility, and the ability to work independently in a structured manner.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Merit-Based Application Process: The selection process for the scholarship is based on merit and evidence of leadership abilities.
- Eligible Courses: The scholarship is applicable to the following courses:
- Earth Futures: Environments, Communities, Relationships [MSc]
- Geoinformation Technology & Cartography [MSc/PgDip/PgCert]
- Geomatics & Management [MSc]
- Geospatial & Mapping Sciences [MSc/PgDip/PgCert]
- Human Geography: Spaces, Politics, Ecologies [MRes]
- Land & Hydrographic Surveying [MSc/PgDip/PgCert]
- Sustainable Water Environments
- English Language Requirement: Applicants must provide evidence of meeting the University of Glasgow’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
These awards aim to support outstanding students from diverse backgrounds who have demonstrated academic excellence and possess the necessary skills to succeed in their chosen fields of study within the School of Geographical and Earth Sciences at the University of Glasgow.
The application process for the University of Glasgow School of Geographical and Earth Sciences PGT Excellence Awards is straightforward and streamlined. Here are the details:
- Automatic Assessment: Applicants who have received offers for eligible programs will be automatically considered for the scholarship based on their academic merit. There is no need to submit a separate application for the scholarship.
- Notification: Candidates under consideration for the scholarship will be notified of the outcome within six weeks of receiving their program offer. The University will inform the selected recipients of the PGT Excellence Award during this period.
By adopting this efficient and automatic assessment process, the University aims to simplify the application procedure and ensure that deserving students are recognized and rewarded for their academic achievements.