Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholarship:
Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is offering scholarships for students developing countries to undertake undergraduate studies. WMI have supported more than 479 students worldwide. There are two ways to apply: Online, or by mailing in a completed application packet to WMI office.
Various Universities in Developing countries.
Field of Study:
Fully Funded Scholarships.
International Students are eligible for The Skoll Scholarships.
Our Ideal Candidate – A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades.
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2021.
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world.
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma.
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country .
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation.
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying.
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Before applying, we strongly encourage you to read the WMI Scholar Program Information Sheet and also the Frequently Asked Questions for Prospective Scholars document. These two documents will assist you in determining your eligibility and guide you in the application process.
The following elements are required for an application to be considered complete:
- Clear personal photo.
- Essay (topic stated in application form).
- 2021 application form.
- Personal essay statement.
- Two recommendation letters.
- Transcript of grades from secondary school.
- Grading key to interpret secondary school grades.
- Transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable).
- Grading key to interpret tertiary grades.
- Results from your national exam.
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam.
APPLYING ONLINE: Apply via portal, where you will be asked to create a free account (username and password). Fill out information and upload documents. We strongly suggest that you apply online, as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return multiple times. Application will be received and reviewed, once submitted online.
MAIL-IN: You will need to print the 2021 application form (available 12/1/2020) and it is your responsibility to clearly complete it and attach all required supporting documents before sending it to us. Applications that arrive after March 1, 2021 will not be reviewed. This means that you must allow at least three weeks to mail your application to us from abroad. Only send one completed application. Incomplete or additional mailings with supporting documents will be discarded. We highly encourage applicants to apply online to ensure the delivery of their completed application. We do not accept applications sent via email.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021.