Dell Scholars Program:
The Dell Scholars program is a scholarship and college completion program that nurtures and empowers students on their path to a college degree. Since starting the program in 2004, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation has supported 5,000 scholars, including more than 2,000 college graduates.
Michael and Susan Dell Foundation.
Through our partnership with The University of Texas at Austin, qualifying first-year students will become Dell Scholars. Dell Scholars at UT Austin will be notified of their award with their initial financial aid package in March. There is no separate application. To maintain eligibility, students must maintain full-time enrollment, remain in good standing, and complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. Eligibility determined at the point of entry in their freshman year. Once a student is included in the program, as long as they meet the continuing student criteria to remain in good standing, they will continue to receive program benefits.
Undergraduate / Graduate
All Dell Scholars receive:
- A $20,000 scholarship
- Personalized, multifaceted support for the academic, financial, and emotional life challenges that may prevent students from completing college
- A laptop with 4-year warranty
- Chegg credits ($500 annually for four years), used for textbook purchases and rentals and/or textbook solutions (via Chegg Study)
- A Scholars Resource Network that connects students and their families with resources to deal with stress, debt, managing child care, and life circumstance
- A teletherapy service that connects students to professional counseling.
- Participate in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12;
- Be on track to graduate from an accredited high school in the current academic year;
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance;
- Be eligible to receive a federal Pell Grant in first year of college;
- Plan to enroll full time at an accredited higher education institution in the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in the fall directly following high school graduation;
- Earn a minimum of a 2.4 GPA.
To apply for a scholarship from the Dell Scholars program, the first step is completing the online application. See key application dates here. Once submitted, all applications will be assessed and a group of semifinalists will be selected. Semifinalists are asked to submit a current copy of their high school transcript, a complete Student Aid Report (SAR) from their FAFSA, and an online recommendation. After the semifinalist information is submitted, all information is reviewed by an independent selection committee. View a sample application here.