The scholarship for the 2024 cohort at McGill for master’s or professional studies will be accepting applications from June 1st, 2023. The scholarship offers 30 full scholarships and 100 entrance awards for Summer/Fall 2024 admission. To keep up-to-date with the latest information, you can attend an information session or sign up for email reminders.
McGill University is looking for candidates who possess exceptional character, have a commitment to community engagement, leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, and academic strength. The University values excellence, hard work, service, and lifelong learning, and candidates should demonstrate integrity, honesty, and empathy. In addition, candidates should exhibit tenacity in pursuing long-term goals and the willingness to take meaningful risks. Community engagement and teamwork skills are also essential, as well as the pursuit of diverse interests outside the classroom. Furthermore, leadership potential is crucial, along with a willingness to take on challenging roles to make a difference, help others, and develop the potential of those being led. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to identify unmet needs and motivate others to develop creative solutions, while being willing to blaze new trails and not be deterred by the fear of failure. Lastly, academic strength and intellectual curiosity are critical, with a deep interest in people, ideas, and the world, and the willingness to collaborate with those who have different perspectives. There should also be a good match between the candidate’s intended graduate program, qualifications, and future goals.
The McCall MacBain Full Scholarships for the 2023-24 academic year are now open to candidates who wish to pursue a Masters-level program at McGill University in Canada.
The scholarship offered by McGill for Summer/Fall 2024 admission to master’s or professional studies provides several benefits, including:
- Full funding for the candidate’s education, which can alleviate a significant financial burden.
- The opportunity to attend a top-ranked university and pursue a graduate degree or professional studies, which can lead to advanced career opportunities.
- The chance to be part of a community of exceptional individuals who value excellence, hard work, service, lifelong learning, and making meaningful contributions to society.
- Access to resources and support to assist candidates in developing their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, and community engagement skills.
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and opportunities to work with people from various backgrounds, which can expand a candidate’s horizons and enhance their intellectual curiosity.
- The prestige and recognition that comes with being a scholarship recipient from a top-ranked university like McGill, which can help candidates distinguish themselves in their future career endeavors.
International students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for the 2024 cohort scholarship at McGill, you must fulfill ONE of the following criteria:
- You are currently enrolled as a student and on track to obtain your first bachelor’s degree by August 2024.
- You have obtained your first bachelor’s degree within the last five years (January 2018 or later).
- You obtained your first bachelor’s degree over five years ago and are 30 years old or younger in 2023.
In addition to meeting the above criteria, you must also fulfill the minimum degree and language requirements for admission to McGill’s master’s program.