The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program for outstanding and highly motivated students, who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty. Candidate selection is based on excellence. The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal training base for an academic but also a professional development, opening on careers in industry, teaching, administration in sciences, communication and media. The programs Master’s degrees are either entirely in English, or in English and French.
Field of Study:
Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Computer science, Mathematics, Physics, Pharmaceutical sciences, Earth sciences and the Environment.
The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
Regardless of your home university, whether you have passed or are doing a brilliant bachelor degree, and that you are one of the best in your year, this program is for you! You must meet the admission criteria of the Master of your choice and be selected on the basis of the application file for an Excellence Fellowship.
Applying procedure Instructions:
For the application to be considered, each student has to fulfill the enrollment procedure as described on the Admissions office website.
The application (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to ) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
The application is made online from the beginning of January. After registering, you will receive an e-mail containing a personal link allowing you to fill out the application form.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2021.